DIC Resets Every Time Ignition Turns Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zanama

Reaction score
i installed a DIC in my OHC and everything works perfectly but it resets every time I turn the ignition off. All connections are good. The read outs are accurate but when I turn the ignition off it seems to reset all of the data. These are supposed to have a memory in them similar to the clock in the radio but mine seems to not.

Just curious if anyone else has had this problem?

Mine is a 1998 5.7 vortec.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are there multiple power leads? I've never messed with one of these personally but it sure sounds like the memory circuit should be getting power even with the key off, and it's not. Maybe the constant 12V line got hooked to a source that's controlled by the ignition switch?

Zanama

Reaction score
I thought about that but I've double and triple checked wiring. Plus when I drive it for long trips (100+ miles) the memory will stay for the next day or two and then go back to resetting every time I turn the truck off

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmm, might just be a bad brain in the DIC then. Like I said I've never messed with one so someone else may have a better answer, but if the wiring all checks out then that's my next best guess.

spiderjohn

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if this is relevant . In my 05 grand prix if you change to an aftermarket head unit you lose the date on the dic. The memory works off of the OE radio.