Deciding on tires.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fattdip

Reaction score
Hey guys i'm relatively new to the forum i do not have any pictures or anything up yet (working on that) but i am trying to decide on a mud tire for my 98 z71 ecsb. The tires i have in mind are Mickey thompson baja mtz. Firestone destination mt. or fierce attidude mt. The truck is stock height ill be running (or attempting to run) 285/75/16's. Just trying to figure out which would be best for my use mostly street use but off road on the weekends looking to spend around 1100 if possible just was wanting some opinons or comments on which would be best. thanks.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Hey guys i'm relatively new to the forum i do not have any pictures or anything up yet (working on that) but i am trying to decide on a mud tire for my 98 z71 ecsb. The tires i have in mind are Mickey thompson baja mtz. Firestone destination mt. or fierce attidude mt. The truck is stock height ill be running (or attempting to run) 285/75/16's. Just trying to figure out which would be best for my use mostly street use but off road on the weekends looking to spend around 1100 if possible just was wanting some opinons or comments on which would be best. thanks.

i love the looks of the mtzs the fiearces are also nice... have you looked into the kelly safari tsrs definity dakota mts or hankook dynapro atms? and 285s should clear fine on stock rims

fattdip

Reaction score
i love the looks of the mtzs the fiearces are also nice... have you looked into the kelly safari tsrs definity dakota mts or hankook dynapro atms? and 285s should clear fine on stock rims
i do also like the kellys. and from what i read online earlier the dakota mts are a similar cheaper version of the firestones. still just trying to decide what would be best on the price but get good tread life and look decent.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
i do also like the kellys. and from what i read online earlier the dakota mts are a similar cheaper version of the firestones. still just trying to decide what would be best on the price but get good tread life and look decent.

i just bought a set of the dakotas and love them so far they say to rotate them all the time i also had a set of the kellys and loved them awesome in the mud and wore reaqally great for the time i had them

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
you'll clear just fine so long as you stay on stock rims- aftermarket rims and you'll have to start doing mods (depending on how wide/offset they are)... for instance, I've got a 3" BL and I had to trim to fit my 285's with my aftermarket rims.