Deciding On Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I vote for treadwright. I have the guard dogs on my pickup and ran them on a blazer and love them. they do great on road, off road, snow. They do make noise but they last forever. I've had the warden on a jeep and the wifes explorer and they wore out pretty quick and didnt do as good as bfg ats.

Wal-mart tires are junk. They are all made just for walmart with lower quality products so they can be sold cheaper. I worked for them and goodyear and noticed they felt different so I then asked goodyear why they where different.

The treadwrights they don't have my size now.
I'm now considering Goodyear Duratracs, Kuhmo Road Venture AT, and Cooper ST

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you tried calling them?

Otherwise I vote for the duratracs. My father in-law has them on his suburban and loves them, except the sidewalls are a little softer then BFG ats.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I've never bought tires, only had one set, not quite sure what the sudewall softness will do haha.
The Duratracs are looking good right now.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Im going to throw Hankook AT/M's out there. Probably one of the best all terrain tires I have ever had. They wore great and did excellent in deep mud, trailing, rain, snow, sand. and even a little rock crawling haha

You must be registered for see images attach

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never bought tires, only had one set, not quite sure what the sudewall softness will do haha.
The Duratracs are looking good right now.

Soft sidewall on an ultra aggressive tire makes for not so good road manners. Generally speaking a softer sidewall (or less ply) will provide a better ride, and a harder sidewall (or more ply) will provide a stiffer ride. Also softer compound tires will ride better, but wear faster. And generally harder compound tires will ride worse, but last longer

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
If i dont get treadwrights again, i might pony up for the Fierce Altitude M/t's THey are twice as much as the Treadwrights though!

You must be registered for see images

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If i dont get treadwrights again, i might pony up for the Fierce Altitude M/t's THey are twice as much as the Treadwrights though!

You must be registered for see images

That's a beefy looking tire right there!! :cheers:

I will say this, even if everyone jumps on me for saying it. I would NOT trust a retread on my steering axle, personally I wouldn't run them period on a street vehicle. If you want to run them on a off road rig, there is no problem there IMO. But on something that spends 99% of it's time on the highway, I would never want to have to worry about a recap coming off and potentially totalling your vehicle. Not worth saving a few dollars when it comes to safety.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never personally boughten a goodyear tire, unless you count firestones? Dad always ran the bfg at ko's on his s10s and they were always being replaced because they would have an airpocket on the sidewalls, wear extremely bad, cut a sidewall, slip a belt. etc (terrible tire IMO,) but they would always be replaced under warranty (for free) and we had other vehicles to drive while he was getting new tires installed on his truck so no biggy but finally had enough and got a new truck. But all the work trucks run goodyears (not AT KOs) and the store/company bends over backwards to help us out if we have a problem. Would highly recommend a good year made tire other than the AT KO's. The dura tracs are high on my list for my next tire....

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my friend has the fierce attitudes on his CCSB duramax. it looks ****! not sure about wear though he just got them