debating AAL or block

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok guys, I'm still learning here but after doin more reading I'm wondering if doin a AAL would be better than a block kit? Cost isnt much more & if its actually a better route to take I'll go that direction. I'm only looking for 1.5-2" in the rear & crank in the front. If I do go with a AAL are they all basically the same pieces or are there brands to stay away from?

I'll be adding 285/75/16 Duratracs at the end of December & would also like to do the crank & rear lift too.

maxakabill

Reaction score
I cranked my torsion bars up 1 and 1/2 inches and have add a leaves for the rear sitting next to my toolbox. I think its the better option to go because my springs are starting to sag slightly, and each spring is "rated" for an extra 250 lbs. It should give me the lift I want and give my leaf springs a little extra life for now.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
I'd go aal because even though it's a small block, blocks add more axle wrap. Aal doesn't do that. Also on our work truck we installed a super spring helper spring and it actually raised the rear a little and it helps when you load heavy items

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like AAL it is instead of a block. Now what brand should I look into? Are there any out there to avoid?

I found a Skyjacker heavy duty kit for 2" rear lift @ Jeg's for $88

Also curious, has anyone tried the Skyjacker Hydro series shocks? Are they good or crap?

Edit: shocks

Also what is the difference in these Bilsteins, they are both listed as 5100 but look way different.
http://www.summitracing.com/search/...n/Ride-Height-application/Raised/?Ns=Rank|Asc

Last edited:

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
I'd run Bilsteins. The two 5100 are one is a stock replacement for a truck with no lift and the other is for lifted trucks. The yellow blue one is generally for the stock application. And I'd do the skyjacker, they are a good suspension company

jantzer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will have a new RCX add a leaf available when my new kit arrives. I already have a rear pack and plan to sell the rear add a leaf. Pm me if interested.