Debadging vs. badges - pics

Debadge or not

• Keep the badges

Votes: 56 56.6%
  • Lose the badges

Votes: 43 43.4%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
upload to photobucket and copy the IMG code in the reply box

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I don't like demolding/debadging. Removing the badges and trim/molding can make the vehicle look generic, or that your were too lazy to re-instll it, when the the vehicle was re-stored/in-for-paint. Also in the case of our trucks the molding is more than just looks. It protects our sheet metal. Last Saturday, some clown decided to key my truck in the parking lot of the grocery store. Before he did that, he slammed his door into mine about three times, according to what security saw on video. I do not have three dents in my door.

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
Heres my opinion on debadging, if its two tone (like mine) leave it, if its a single color truck debadge it and get rid of the molding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Body side moulding removal.

Since there is so much knowledge and experience on this site I'd like to ask a question. I have a 1991 Chev C1500 Sport short-bed. I want to take off all the rubber moulding from the sides. It's got the red insert strips. The question is about how it's held on. I think it's all just held on with adhesive and that's it but I don't want any surprises and find out it's bolted on somewhere and end up with holes in the sheetmetal. I think using a heatgun and fishing line is the best way to do it but I'm open to any better ways of doing it. Thanks.

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
Since there is so much knowledge and experience on this site I'd like to ask a question. I have a 1991 Chev C1500 Sport short-bed. I want to take off all the rubber moulding from the sides. It's got the red insert strips. The question is about how it's held on. I think it's all just held on with adhesive and that's it but I don't want any surprises and find out it's bolted on somewhere and end up with holes in the sheetmetal. I think using a heatgun and fishing line is the best way to do it but I'm open to any better ways of doing it. Thanks.

It should be just adhesive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Something else for you guys to chew on... I got creative with some ideas for my truck.

Took this "as it is right now" pic and did some modding to it:

You must be registered for see images attach

Since the stock badges already say GMC1500, I thought it would be cool to add "SIERRA" with nnbs badges. (i don't know if they exist or not, but I could piece some together with SIlvERAdo badges :gr_grin:)

Then I tried blacking out the chrome and GMC1500 on the side

Then I did a full debadge job with NNBS badges

You guys are probably getting sick of my posts... I'm just laying in bed, can't sleep so I'm thinking instead :nono:
I plan on replacing my molding with the solid black molding and doing the nnbs letters just like your third pic.

Sent from my SM-S766C using Tapatalk