Debadging vs. badges - pics

Debadge or not

• Keep the badges

Votes: 56 56.6%
  • Lose the badges

Votes: 43 43.4%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
If I get this crew cab its getting de chromed

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I'm normally all for debadging, but I think the 2500's look better with it the majority of the time. Leaving mine on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My dad Had got rid of the big chevy panel across the gate when the truck was in for some bodywork. I got rid of the smaller Chevrolet Silverado emblems in the bottom right corner and put a bowtie there. Reminds me of the Sierra
You must be registered for see images attach

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
im thinkin bout debadgeing and putting nnbs badges on how often does it mess up the pain when taking the trim off?

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I prefer molding and think 90% of all GMT-400's look better with them. But with such a beautiful paint color (rockin' the teal) and no pin-striping, that truck looks gorgeous without molding. Wish my truck could have gone in that direction but Wisconsin winters wouldn't allow it.

EDIT: Just realized I disagreed with my forum twin, 96-1500. Oops. lol. IMO, it looks better w/o molding because it doesn't have fender flares or chrome trim, which when paired with molding, creates a "flow" down the side of the truck.

Thanks man!! I still have some of the pinstriping on there, doesnt look like it in the pics but i need to get a new eraser wheel to remove the pinstriping and the small "silverado" badge on the ext cab right by the ext cab window. I want to put nnbs silvy badges on the doors and tailgate but ive noticed paint fade from where the moulding was.......which kinda makes me think about colormatch lining the rockers, but at the same time idk how much itd be to paint it but since theres many small irritable spots where the paint is messed up idk if i should repaint the whole dang thing or just the certain spots

midnightblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mine go debadged when we painted it and i ended up never putting anything back on.
You must be registered for see images attach

midnightblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks. i really like the truck as well but it just doesnt get out much at 9 mpg haha. im thinking about doing the full 8 inch chrome rocker plates that go up to the bottom of the body line. but i dont want to steal the OP's thread. good luck with your decision.