Deadbeats 1997 Centurion Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, the thing is, the old system had no leaks, just a weak compressor. So if the o-rings don't do the trick, I'm just gonna have to replace the compressor.

That's cool, but might as well throw some dye in it to be sure it's the compressor before spending that money. Your logic is sound though and nine times out of ten it is the compressor. Did you clean the oriface tube while you had it apart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I will put dye in before I re-gas it, cheap and will let me know if there are any other leaks. I didn't open the a/c except the bolt on top of the compressor and switched it.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will put dye in before I re-gas it, cheap and will let me know if there are any other leaks. I didn't open the a/c except the bolt on top of the compressor and switched it.

I'll just put this out there for anyone else.

It's good practice to pull the orifice tube after a compressor failure or if hasn't been checked in a long time. If there's a ton of junk collected on it you'll need to flush your condenser and upstream lines. If it's just a little bit of stuff on the screen just clean it off and you can rest assured with a good compressor you'll get plenty more years of trouble free performance. If you run with a clogged orifice tube you run the risk of over stressing the compressor with high back pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Found a 97 crew cab 1500 over in reno the other month, tried to get it but it was sold within 1 day, now I'm looking at finding me one. They sell pretty quickly

I never saw one on the Reno CL so it must have went away quickly lol

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Photobucket now wants me to pay to host pictures, time to look for a new place. They only want 399 bucks.

Last edited:

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Need to paint that brake booster bad.

You must be registered for see images attach