Deadbeats 1997 Centurion Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Was driving this weekend and noticed that I wasn't running at 14v, rather around 12 ish. I knew I had an old battery, a 2007 I kept for a jump batter for the mower when it wasn't charging so I didn't think much about it. Seems that my alternator had died and run the battery dead. I had to get dad to come and jump me since I was only 3 miles from home when it quit. I guess its a good thing AAA pays for a battery replacement. I got my A/C gauges and vacuum pump in today but did not have time to diagnose the A/C which is not very cold at idle and on the cheap gauge had about 80 psi on the low side. My guess is if I change the compressor(which seems to run non stop with A/C on), the orfice tube, and the drier, vacuum it down and check for leaks, then another hour or two, that it will take care of my A/C problem.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I put an old alternator on last night, it is charging and doing good but is noisy so I ordered a new A/C one today. I finally got to put good gauges on the air conditioning last night and think, since when I first was checking it that the valve was leaking a little, that it is just a touch low on freon. This was sitting at idle with it about 70 ish degrees.

You must be registered for see images attach

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Got my rear end back from the shop that I took in for a rebuild. Mine under the truck had the pinion going out so I finally got a spare rebuilt. Not bad price at all, new ring gear and pinion, Timken bearings, new yoke, all for 510 out the door. Gonna paint it and put it in maybe next week.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I expected 1k, this guy is really good, but drinks a little much and took forever. I dropped it off in November, atleast it is setup right. I have put in atleast 6 other rear ends he did and none ever have any other trouble. They don't whine, have excess slop, or anything else.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Hey man that is a nice truck and great work! I know how you feel about body work! It sucks! Just finished a color change on my 2000 k2500 ccsb! But in the end it was worth it! Keep up the great work! Here's a pic of my ride let me know what you think!
You must be registered for see images attach

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Dropped off an aluminum driveshaft to have shortened like I did dads. It has zero vibs now. That is a nice crew cab in the pic, if I sold mine I would buy a 3/4ton.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Whatever you do don't sell it! CCSB's are too hard to find! Especially a centurion 1500. I hunted a centurion for 3 years with no luck. Finally found my 3/4 ton this past January. I only know of one other ccsb in my area. They must be a regional thing! Lol!