dead suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tfr1990

Reaction score
Ok....I know it's not gmt400 but a good find is what it is. Got a line on a 03 suburban that is completely dead in the water. Running fine one day then nothing the next day. Not even dash lights. Would the vats cause this or would it be a complete ecm death?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anything electrical work? Vats would let it run like 10 seconds before it killed it, even with an ecm issue it should still have lights, radio, windows etc working.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

tfr1990

Reaction score
Owner says nothing works at all...can't even tell me the mileage because the display won't light up. Wonder if it's. A fuseible link?

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Does it have a big power wire that goes from the battery to an under hood fuse box/power block? If so, check the connection there. On my 97, I had that get slightly corroded and it caused all kinds of trouble, including losing all power while driving.

tfr1990

Reaction score
Hoping to go check it out in a little bit. I will definitely look for that. Been a while is since I have been under the hood on one of these. Too new! Lol

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's probably a main fuse or bad connection at the battery or the underhood fuse center then. Could be a rodent chewed a wire in two if it's been sitting. That's a power issue though not ecm or anything

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't believe they use fuse able links anymore either, just those big maxi fuses instead

tfr1990

Reaction score
Went and looked at it real quick andno power wire to fire wall but does have a terminal box for the main positive cable that is mounted to the engine...it may be corroded in there. Thanks for the tip on the fuses....I may go back and check those today. Didn't have tools or my meter with me yesterday. This thing is pretty rough on the inside...no telling if rats have had their way with it.

tfr1990

Reaction score
Just to close this thread out...went and checked a few things and wiggled all the fuses. The a battery in and it had lights and a key chime....but the key they left didn't work to turn the truck on. Guessing it was complete lack of wanting to do anything to the truck was their problem so I'm walking away from this deal....no telling what else has been neglected on the truck. May not even make a good done truck. Thanks for all the input.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ben1975