De-pinning Tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man, I have 4-5 different sets of those things......It not always just easy. Helps when a FSM is accurate in how to use/where the clips are.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I have 4-5 different sets of those things......It not always just easy. Helps when a FSM is accurate in how to use/where the clips are.
I’ve been fighting with some of the connectors, but the tools tend to bend very easily. And I don’t think I’m being to aggressive. Managed to get a couple off.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been fighting with some of the connectors, but the tools tend to bend very easily. And I don’t think I’m being to aggressive. Managed to get a couple off.
Try pushing the pin in from the back, then insert the tool from the front before pulling the pin out. It may be jamming the tang into the plastic too much.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The attachment will tell you what Aptiv/Delphi terminal removal tool you need for a particular Aptiv/Delphi terminal. You have to be able to identify the terminal part number.

Anyway, for Aptiv/Delphi Metri-Pack 150 and 280 terminals, you would use these:

Other style of connectors require different removal tools. Just depends on what connector you come across. There are Weatherpack connectors, Micro-Pack, etc. Metri-Pack is probably the more common on the GMT400. In later GM vehicles, you will find more Aptiv/Delphi GT Series connectors.

On some of the more smaller Metri-Pack 150 series, I find that a very small flathead screwdriver bit from a precision screwdriver bit set will work better than the 12094429.

Attachments

• Kent-Moore J-38125-620B Terminal Repair Booklet.pdf
    238.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you looked at Section 8, in the beginning of the section it is all about wetherpack and metripak, how to assemble and depin. It depends on pull to seat or push to seat, a little finise, and feel. I try to unload the lock pin so to slide the release tool easier. Taking pressure off the locking pin works for me. And I have 4 different weatherpak hollow tube type. And 7 or 8 metripak, and Duetch tools. One of those the more you do it the better you get, aha moments.
Patience, the gorilla and bigger hammer technique..... :3811797817_8d685371