Dash light problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCNuneZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys so my dash lights weren't working tonight until I drove for about 15 miles turned off truck and started it up drove about a mile they finally turned back on. I also don't have the buzzing when my trucks off and my lights are on. What could be the cause? this is about the 5th time it has done it but usually after about 15 seconds the dash lights will turn on but tonight it was about 30 mins. So if you guys could point me toward a thread related to this or tell me what part might need to be replaced.

GMCNuneZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Headlights work fine but the dash lights don't and have no buzzer that's why I feel it might be the switch

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
What year is your vehicle? My headlight switch went out recently and the headlights would always turn on but not the dash or tail lights. I wiggled the switch and the dash lights and tail lights turned on so i knew it was the headlight switch.