Dang nabbit that boy is crazy.. A i4 in a suburban!?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
go big or go home :)

I wanna see a 700 horse v-10 turbo diesel out of a big rig in a gmt400!

What big rigs have v10's? lol

Did the grille fit after lugging that beast in there?

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

Yes it did. :) I've dug through his stuff a few times. It's a '90 dually with a 4-71. He also has a 10 speed road ranger behind it.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Here's a 4-53 with a twin stick. I've watched all these videos over and over... lol nothing sounds like an old 2 stroke. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0o1o5W_f6o

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
That's awesome. Older trucks had v12s

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

jcronk69

Reaction score
I knew of a guy that put a small 4 cylinder out of a combine into a Ford Ranger. It was not fast, but he claimed it got 40mpg. I think it only went 60 or 65 tops.
It always interested me.
On the original posters swap idea, It is neat, and I always liked unusual engine swaps.
With that big and heavy of an engine, it does seem like it wouldnt be a very good match for a pickup truck.

bestof1999

Reaction score
I do have two i6's, a ford off a new holland and a John deere.. Small displacement , old engines that cant power any axle ratio below 7.56 unless you dont need any extra power at all

vic_v8

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've gone down this road and decided to go with the DT360 instead. The biggest Detroit that will fit (without getting crazy) is the 6V53T. But even then, its behind on power compared to and inline 6.