Dang, Heater Core Just Went Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well i just drove to SF and back this last week and did a cool 700miles, started up my truck this morning and smelled coolant, no leaks though under the hood, went to work today then saw some condensation on the inside of the windshield. Damn heater core. I gotta get it fixed asap, hopefully they got it at napa tomorrow morning. Ive checked out a couple vids on youtube on the replacement, any suggestions or tips? Ive tried the search but i didnt get anything useful.

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
It's really easy I did one on my 91 rcsb an my 93 ecsb. It's like 8-9 screws on the lower plastic cover take them out an pull it down. I never pulled it all the way out but I had enough room to pull the old out an put the new one in.

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol i just went to my buddies and he showed me what to do i feel retarded for starting the post now lol.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
That cover can make you cuss a lot if it doesn't come down easily for you, but other than that its a cake walk. Be prepared to clean up a lot of coolant, I'd put towels in the floor board.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
There's a couple of screws up towards the firewall, over the tranny hump that can be a PITA to get out, & even more of one to replace. I don't put those back.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Nice to know it's an easy repair. I have done them on other vehicles that I swear we're manufactured around the heater core.