CV Angles/BJ Angles at Full Droop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I'm trying to decide how much down travel to give my truck, but I am unfamiliar with the way BJs and CVs should look. At the angle above, the measurement between the top bolt of the shock and the bottom bolt of the shock is 22.5". This is the location of the 21.5" limiting strap that this lift kit calls for. I'm thinking of buying a 22.5" because these angles look fine to me, but I am not experienced. What do you guys think? I just rebuilt the entire front of this truck: uppers, lowers, hubs, cvs, pads, rotors, and swaybar bushings. What are your thoughts?

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Your CV's look ok, but that upper ball joint is screaming. Your alignment will be FUBAR'ed at that much droop. Im sure when you need that droop, alignment will not be a factor tho. With everything new, and if you wil grease it once in a while, it will probably be ok if you don't jump it or anything. You can knock the bottom out of your shocks if your suspension is slammed down and your shocks are limiting more than the strap is.