custom steering wheel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

racnredneck

Reaction score
has anyone ever found an adaptor that will mount a IE: grant steering wheel, etc.. to t he 96-98 gmc/chevy air bag steering column? I know it will have the square look behind it, and I loose the air bag,,, no biggie to me,, waning to go with a custom interior look that I will be making wood closes overhead and center.. ad graft the factory controls into them.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The Grant billet adapter for 94-down columns will fit 95-up if you do a little trimming on the round lip of your column clamshell plastics. I don't recommend it though as the Grant wheel and adapter combo doesn't have enough depth and you'll find you keep hitting the turn signal switch as you turn the wheel because it's right up against the wheel now.

Billet Specialties and a few other companies do market their adapters for "95-up non-airbag" (meaning the 2500-3500 trucks) to get around any outright liability for someone removing an airbag wheel from their 1500, but it's still the same parts, still bolts right up. Couldn't tell you if the dish situation is any better with their combo.

Richard