Custom Instrument Cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd pay maybe 300 for it at the most, does anyone else make custom gauges for the 88-94 interior style?
300 is just unrealistic. Price a matching set of autometer gauges, youll find that it cost more than 300 just for a set of gauges without a cluster. $795 is pretty high though, I wouldnt pay much more than $500 for everything. Maybe the price will come down in a year or two when they get tired of them collecting dust on the shelves.

MXR597

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
300 is just unrealistic. Price a matching set of autometer gauges, youll find that it cost more than 300 just for a set of gauges without a cluster. $795 is pretty high though, I wouldnt pay much more than $500 for everything. Maybe the price will come down in a year or two when they get tired of them collecting dust on the shelves.

Dakota has had the digital version of the gauges for years and the price has never changed, somebody must be buying them. They really are the only ones making them so I bet they are not worried. I personally will probably just do the led mod and get some Aztec needles and call it a day. Changing the gauge cluster isn't really a top priority for me though.

brockstar15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

I like them, I would consider it if I built a lowered show truck

I'd consider it if they weren't $500

I could be wrong but last time I looked at Dakota's stuff, you end up buying more sensors and crap to get full functionality, so the base listed price is kind of a come-on. Then again I could be remembering this from the previous digital cluster, not these new analog-style ones.

Richard

I haven't looked at these since the original digital version came out. These look kinda cool, from their site it says everything is included Exept the gear shift sending unit... 100 bucks more if you want to visually see what gear your in. $795 for the cluster then $100 for the gear shift sender.. Ill pass.

Sent from my throttle body injected galaxy note3

DD stuff isnt cheap once you add the extras required to run those. final kit is a touch over $1200.

Yupp, such a nice unit, so well over priced!

I'd pay maybe 300 for it at the most, does anyone else make custom gauges for the 88-94 interior style?

I haven't seen anyone else making aftermarket gauges, but I haven't been looking too hard either. I'd sure hope that someone was making something more reasonably priced.

Dakota has had the digital version of the gauges for years and the price has never changed, somebody must be buying them. They really are the only ones making them so I bet they are not worried. I personally will probably just do the led mod and get some Aztec needles and call it a day. Changing the gauge cluster isn't really a top priority for me though.

I agree with everyone about the price being too high but like keepinitoldschool said, a set of AutoMeter are $1,000+ and then you have to figure out a way to mount them! I was just wondering what everyone's opinion on them was. I'm more than likely going the AutoMeter route when the funds come in and the time comes. As of right now I've just done the LED's in my stock moonie gauges...

You must be registered for see images

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is the route I took. Planning on replacing cardboard template with a peice of dry carbon fiber from my dads work, and then replacing all bulbs with matching LED's. I just cant decide what color yet, kinda leaning towards red.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Dakota has had the digital version of the gauges for years and the price has never changed, somebody must be buying them.
OR, they're still trying to sell out the batch that they made almost 20 years ago. :gr_grin:

I'm not all that wild about the aftermarket gauges; I'm happy to have found a 454SS cluster for mine. Might put LED's in it, some day, not a big priority for me. Too many other details the truck needs before I worry about stuff that small lately.

Richard

brockstar15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is the route I took. Planning on replacing cardboard template with a peice of dry carbon fiber from my dads work, and then replacing all bulbs with matching LED's. I just cant decide what color yet, kinda leaning towards red.

That's a great idea man! It definitely looks good and the CF is gonna make it look even better!

brockstar15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OR, they're still trying to sell out the batch that they made almost 20 years ago. :gr_grin:

I'm not all that wild about the aftermarket gauges; I'm happy to have found a 454SS cluster for mine. Might put LED's in it, some day, not a big priority for me. Too many other details the truck needs before I worry about stuff that small lately.

Richard

Lol that wouldn't surprise me if they were. Me ex's dad had a 56 Bel-Air that had the DD Gauge Cluster on the driver side and the DD Clock on the passenger side and we both loved the way it turned out but it was right at $1,000 for both! And yeah I know what you mean about the bigger stuff, funds just haven't been coming in for big things so I figured I could at least so small things! I wish I could find a 454SS cluster, especially since I have a 454 in my truck!

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im really thinking of ordering those gauges but Im still on the fence about them.

deej-79

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the silver with blue lighting, looks better than stock. I dont care for my 97's gauges but have quite a list of higher priority items before I worry about gauges.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score

I'd like it more if you'd got rid of the bezels and glass and mounted them behind charcoal matched to the dash with cutouts and a layer of clear between for the windows. You might be able to fit the gauges in a row that way. I'm not a fan of carbon fiber if there isn't anything else carbon fiber(I'm not a big fan of it as a purely decorative item, but it's caught on and it's here -I really don't like it if it's carbon look stuff and not even real carbon fiber). I think it's much cooler to have stuff look like it belonged there from the factory.

In the end, it's your truck and you should do what you like. Just thought I'd offer my opinion.