Crank, no start issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skylar M

Reaction score
After head gasket replacement

Truck won’t start

No fuel pump turn on sound of priming

Gas gauge reading over full

Code reader error, does not connect to truck

Have checked relay. Fuel pump is good because it was running before head tear apart. Is there something I may have not plugged in or a ground around the heads that is for the fuel pump?

1998 c1500

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WHAT VEHICLE? WHAT ENGINE?

No fuel pump turn on sound of priming

Gas gauge reading over full
Gas gauge goes beyond full when there's a very-full fuel tank, when the sending unit float arm is screwed-up, or when the wire to the sending unit has high resistance or is open.

Did you get the fuel pump/sending unit wire harness connected properly?

Code reader error, does not connect to truck
Could be related to the no-start. ECM fuse(s) good?

Have checked relay. Fuel pump is good because it was running before head tear apart. Is there something I may have not plugged in or a ground around the heads that is for the fuel pump?
Download the service manual set for your vehicle from the links in the sticky section of this forum. Follow the wiring diagrams for the fuel system, and for the diagnostic link connector.

Last edited:

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Congratulations!

What vehicle, year, and engine size?
More information will get you more answers.

Have you diagnosed the lack of PCM connectivity?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NEVER MIND.

Same question posted in multiple threads.

Perhaps a moderator will combine these threads.

www.gmt400.com/threads/after-head-gasket-change-no-start-c1500.65123/page-5#post-1367753

Skylar M

Reaction score
NEVER MIND.

Same question posted in multiple threads.

Perhaps a moderator will combine these threads.

www.gmt400.com/threads/after-head-gasket-change-no-start-c1500.65123/page-5#post-1367753

Why would that matter? That’s is because I have the other thread with all who replied. But it being a different thread with a different initial question. So for those who weren’t on that thread, but might know the problem, I created this thread, with this question. Thanks bud. I don’t know why that would be an issue and why I would have to explain that to you. I’m just looking for help pal.

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because you didn't include enough info in this thread to provide a reasonable answer. This could be a diesel for all you've told us--until you edited the first post.

In the end, you're asking the same people the same question...and the other thread has more back-story to assist.