Cowl induction.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tdslay12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This may be stupid but... The whole point in a cowl induction or hood scoops is for colder outside air to get into the air intake because its combust faster/better right? If i put a cowl induction hood on would it be worth it or possible to fabricate the air box where it would suck the air throgh the cowl? It is a Vortec. I doubt it but has anyone seen or tried this?

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Cowl induction hood does zero, zilch, nothing for performance no matter what some old school "hot rodder" tells you. Ram air is the same. Now bringing in cooler air helps but you can do that by simply using the stock tract routing(into the fender) and using a better filter and intake tube.

As far as has it been done, yes. Thousands of times. Check out the KR style hoods for 05+ Mustangs. And I believe you are actually asking about ram air and not cowl induction hoods. Cowl induction is the one with the reverse hood scoop; you can see the engine from the drivers seat. Ram air is the one the faces away from the driver, the one that collects so much water and debris it destroys air filters faster than a 426 Hemi eats dinosaurs.