Coolant Leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last week in my truck didn't move for 2 days. The first day was warm and snow is melting second it was cold and everything froze. When I went to leave at the of the second day my truck was frozen to the ground. I let to run for about 10 minutes and had to break it loose from the concrete. I drove to the gas station and let it run while I was inside. when I came old there was a puddle a bit smaller than my fist of coolant right under the front driver side of my truck. When I got home it was dripping coolant from the same place but not enough to puddle. I work long days so I did not have time to look at it.

Over the next couple days I kept a very close eye under the truck and on the reservoir tank level but I haven't lost any coolant since that first day.

93 Silverado 5.7

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you been running it? The only coolant sources in that area are the radiator and upper hose, either of which could be the cause. Just keep an eye on it.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Mine used to leak coolant. When you look at the passenger side of the engine bay (at least in mine), there was a hose than run up to the firewall and "swooped" down and was resting on the inner fender. It had a (looked like a 2 liter coke bottle top) cap and the cap had come loose and the seal inside was leaking. New cap and it doesn't leak anymore.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 2 liter coke bottle cap was probably a flush kit spliced into the heater hose.

Mine leaked in the front when I bought it, not all the time and not very much. With everything cluttering up the front of the motor its hard to find leaks. Mine was coming from the weep hole on the water pump, almost impossible to see because it only leaked a small amount when I shut off truck, about a fist sized puddle like you explained.

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 2 liter coke bottle cap was probably a flush kit spliced into the heater hose.

Mine leaked in the front when I bought it, not all the time and not very much. With everything cluttering up the front of the motor its hard to find leaks. Mine was coming from the weep hole on the water pump, almost impossible to see because it only leaked a small amount when I shut off truck, about a fist sized puddle like you explained.

It's too far forward. Bottom corner of the radiator area. The wind chill today is -9 degrees. That's the warmest we've had in a week.

The truck does get run. it might go a day or two without being used but that's it

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a drain petcock for the radiator in the bottom corner.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or lower rad hose. Try putting another clamp 180 degrees from the one thats on it already.

-9???? Might wanna just keep an eye on the level till that number goes up. WAY UP!

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or lower rad hose. Try putting another clamp 180 degrees from the one thats on it already.

-9???? Might wanna just keep an eye on the level till that number goes up. WAY UP!

On the drivers side?

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
More like this. Tried to take a pic of mine but its too dark so this is something close.
You must be registered for see images attach