Cool Junkyard Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Found one of the nicest trucks I've seen sitting in the junkyard today. I didn't ask for the price... I didn't want to be tempted. The interior was pristine.

You must be registered for see images attach

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It always bothers me to see a clean undamaged truck in there. That was a nice one for sure, maybe they will fix it an flip it. I could never make any money as a salvage yard owner. I would want to keep everything lol

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That would sell for a grand easy around here. That interior is nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
It always bothers me to see a clean undamaged truck in there. That was a nice one for sure, maybe they will fix it an flip it. I could never make any money as a salvage yard owner. I would want to keep everything lol

I hear ya there

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is exactly how I feel. Every time I go to a junkyard I see so many trucks and cars I'd like to have. So many of them don't look that bad.

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
Chances are if the body is unrusted or undamaged......the engine and/or tranny is pooched. Still worth fixing though

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Chances are if the body is unrusted or undamaged......the engine and/or tranny is pooched. Still worth fixing though

Agreed, although with any truck with 230,000 miles, I would be planning an engine swap anyways

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

You never know. Sometimes things end up tossed over simple issues like a stupid fuel pump. People give up on vehicles for various reasons. It may have been someone's old, unused vehicle that sat in the driveway until they donated it to a charity for another tax deduction.

When I ran the salvage yard I only got a few trucks that were worth saving. Most were piles of crap and I bought them that way intentionally, so I wouldn't feel bad stripping them down. The only two I saved and rebuilt were the gold '93 extended cab because it was just too nice; otherwise bad engine and mild crunch in the front - the other was the '94 3500HD and it was a freakin' pile of garbage but I saw through that to build a nice shop wrecker out of it.

Everything else got THE CHOP! :gr_grin:

Richard

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Since vehicles here in WA don't generally rust out, they are either in an accident or have a major mechanical failure. I would say 1 in 4 vehicles at the junkyards in the GMT400 platform were in great shape and only there cause of a silly issue.

I would love to do similar to what Richard did with GMT400 trucks here in WA. They are seriously my favorite. I just don't have the space or money.