Considering Grille Options...is there an artiste in the house?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi all,

Since all the black paint on my aftermarket grille is slowly peeling off each time it rains (seriously, WTF?), I guess I'm just going to have to have it professionally painted. All this grille is made of is chrome covered plastic (like the original) but they just sprayed flat black over the chrome areas where the grille and light dividers are, without any prep whatsoever.

I'm debating either grey, like the original, flat black, like it is now, or painting it body color, or a mixture of both.

Using this old photo of my truck:

You must be registered for see images attach

And this color chip (or, if it's more accurate, the color of the hood):

Could someone create two photos for me? One, of all the grey trim pieces in the grille painted that color (leaving the surround chrome) and another with just the light divider sections painted that color, leaving the surround chrome, and the grille grey?

I tried doing it myself with GIMP, but...I'm terrible at these things.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Eh, you know what, nevermind guys, someone delete this thread. Just going off my photos, it's not going to look right. Oh well, Grey or black it is.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I say paint the chrome part the body color and the rest a dark black. I've seen this a few times with the older style grills and it looks good.

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Boom

The Lingenfelter burb

Last edited:

SinisterSilverado

Chronic Boredom
Reaction score
^^I'm loving that blue one. The silver one too. I agree though that you should colormatch, it would look really nice.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it'd look great! And I'd also like to say that this is the perfect PS request, all the correct info and pictures where included!!

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, the new grille came in today, as the paint was coming all off the old one. I like the way it looks from the factory, honestly. The chrome will stay, and if the paint ever comes off of it, I'll look into the body color vs. black. vs. grey thing.

I do appreciate all the photos, it looks good body color. I think they screwed the grilles up in 1994, they look really ugly to me.