Confused in UK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris Ingham

Reaction score
Just bought a K1500 5.0ltr Vortec auto extended cab was imported to UK last year. It came with a slide in camper. There is a label in the glovebox that states, this vehicle ideas what the problem might be? Any comments or advice welcomed.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my B3-A40 using Tapatalk

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Nice truck. Not sure what your asking. Are there any issues with the truck. A pic of this label in the glove box may help.

carnutdallas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bought a K1500 5.0ltr Vortec auto extended cab was imported to UK last year. It came with a slide in camper. There is a label in the glovebox that states, this vehicle ideas what the problem might be? Any comments or advice welcomed.
You must be registered for see images attach

You deleted part of your question. Try again :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most slide-ins are going to exceed the payload capacity and maybe GVWR rating once loaded with gear etc. Here that can be a hefty fine.

Chris Ingham

Reaction score
Most slide-ins are going to exceed the payload capacity and maybe GVWR rating once loaded with gear etc. Here that can be a hefty fine.
Thought it might be something like that. Need to take to weighbridge then. The guy I bought it off had it in Maryland for a couple of years with the camper on. Shipped it to UK and did a camping trip to South of France this summer.

Chris Ingham

Reaction score
Thought it might be something like that. Need to take to weighbridge then. The guy I bought it off had it in Maryland for a couple of years with the camper on. Shipped it to UK and did a camping trip to South of France this summer.

Just checked camper and it's approx 780kg that's around 0.86 US ton.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Well the standard in a 1500 truck is 1000 lbs US or .50 tons. But this can be increased by adding heavy duty springs, shocks, or several other ways. I have put over 2000 lbs US in the back of my 93 1500 WT with OE springs, ext. when I had it. The real issue is stopping the truck with the added weight. Also your rear end gears play a big roll in getting the load moving, and climbing a hill. Your tire size also plays a roll in pulling power. If the truck pulls the camper down the road well, and stops good, that is what counts.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score

Converting to a ton is an odd thing to do. If you're thinking it's appropriate in this situation because we don't use the metric system in the US for our customary units, that's fine, but we're used to lbs, not tons. If you converted to tons because you have a 1/2ton truck... it doesn't work that way. 1/2, 3/4, and 1-ton were at one time representative of actual weight ratings, but they've been just labels for years now.