Confirmed brake bleeding scan tools

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdone

Reaction score
So the EBC4 can be bled by jumping terminals A & H on the ALDL connector? If anyone can verify this, I'll make that note on the spreadsheet.
That's correct. Would be great if someone else (maybe with a different model year in case of different programming) could confirm, but worked for me.

It would still be good to know if the scan tools have a function for that for amateurs who aren't keen on putting jumpers on electrical terminals.
I'm wondering now if the Tech1 actually sends a command to the EBC4 to run the function test, or just internally bridges A and H? Seems pretty low-tech if that's the case, but it was the mid-90s too. One day I'll stumble on a Tech1 cheap and test that out and let everyone know.

Tomcat71

Tomcat Fixer
Reaction score
That's correct. Would be great if someone else (maybe with a different model year in case of different programming) could confirm, but worked for me.

I'm wondering now if the Tech1 actually sends a command to the EBC4 to run the function test, or just internally bridges A and H? Seems pretty low-tech if that's the case, but it was the mid-90s too. One day I'll stumble on a Tech1 cheap and test that out and let everyone know.
you can get a Tech 2 clone for not much more money ... i just used mine on this 91 I picked up , told me the ABS computer was garbage. https://www.autonumen.com/goods-156...M4L7igSwA8wdliyHBI-1RHxmNpmEfK3EaAsQEEALw_wcB

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Autonumen vs obdiishop? Same website design and layout, same $50+ shipping. I'd be wary.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would not hesitate to buy from one of those places. You could try eBay. Use your CC or PayPal and it will be fine. The only down side is that customer support is guaranteed to be zero after it arrives.

There are posts here from other members about buying from one of those two places and they received their package without issue.

Car will have be code ? Try our genuine Tech 2 tool clone scan hand scanner !

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious why it says “NO Trucks” in a few places.
You must be registered for see images attach