Column wiring help please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I need some help:
I changed my steering column today for one out of a gmc. mine was busted. I got everything hooked back up, but for some reason I am not getting power to the coil. Engine turns over and fuel pump hums but will not start. Any ideas what I did to cause this?

Last edited:

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
My truck is a 1994 350 tbi auto. I pulled the column from what I think was a 1993/1994 suburban (it did not have moonie gauges) I am confused and starting to think it could be the ignition switch. Any help appreciated! thank you.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
The neutral safety switch(NSS) on the column I got from the suburban has to plugs on it. My original column and harness only has one plug. I did plug my harness into it and just left the other connection open. I have pulled the NSS off the original column and plan on swapping it in the morning and hope for the best. I thought NSS only prevented the starter from engaging in gear, but who knows.