Code 43 help??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well hell also check that EST wire it's found under the dash on the passenger side...It's just a black or brown wire that's connected together. I know when mine isn't plugged in it retards the hell out of my motor, and immediately throws a code. When we put my new TBI in a long time ago my supposed "mechanic" buddys couldn't get the new motor to fire so I remembered the est went and unplugged it and boom, ignition.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I hooked up the knock sensor and it didnt change a thing the lights still on and runs the same. I unplugged the computer to try and reset it and didn't change anything. I unplugged the EST wire and started the truck up it ran a little rougher then I shut it off plugged it back in and it ran smooth as silk but the light was still on. So Im not sure what to do. Im just gonna run it.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bout all you can do. I know how it feels. Just today after clearing all codes two weeks ago I had that damn CEL pop up and then go off...I checked the code (35) IAC valve same freaking one I just did. F it. Run it.

narizon

Reaction score
Three months ago my '89 started with code 43.Replaced knock sensor & no go.Drove it for another month and found that the problem was the sensor plug.Not saying this is you'r case but might want to check the wiring.