Code 43 help??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well my check engine light has been on since my motor swap and ive reset the computer a few times and I keep getting a code 43 which is Electronic spark timing (EST) - low voltage detected OR Electronic spark control (ESC) - circuit problems. What is this trying to tell me. Where do I look? I mean it runs good. Thanks

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is the code that you get when you unplug the est connector to set the timing on a tbi truck, I would start by check ing the EST connector's and wire, and then it's possible you could have a bad EST module, but I have never had one go bad or seen on that went bad either.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is the code that you get when you unplug the est connector to set the timing on a tbi truck, I would start by check ing the EST connector's and wire, and then it's possible you could have a bad EST module, but I have never had one go bad or seen on that went bad either.

I was reading online that having the knock sensor unplugged will cause a code 43. I don't have it plugged in because it was on the opposite side when my 4.3 was in and the wires werent long enough.

"STROKER ACE"

Reaction score
Hey nice truck. that knock sensor senses detenation and retards the timing. Get it wired up clear code and take it for a spin.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
your knock should be on the side of the block.. just go get a new one and put it on the side... there is a small plug in the side of the block pull it out and put the knock right there... just FYI you will get a bath of water an coolent lol...

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
your knock should be on the side of the block.. just go get a new one and put it on the side... there is a small plug in the side of the block pull it out and put the knock right there... just FYI you will get a bath of water an coolent lol...

The knock sensor is in the block its on the passenger side where as on my 4.3 it was on the drivers side so my wire wasnt long enough. I'll be maing it long enough tonight and i'll test her out.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just change the knock to the other side of the motor... it doesnt matter what side it on as long as its hooked up lol... plus you dont have to cut the wires