clutch wont hold pressure??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
this has been an issue for awhile and its half the reason why I parked the truck..long story short,old clutch went out so I had a family friend replace it..well,after he replaced it,it holds zero pressure,you could push the pedal down by blowing on it lol. He claims the throw-out bearing pushed through the flexplate?? I have no idea,transmissions arent my forte..all I know is it would be nice to have some pressure when I push the clutch in..it still engages/disengages just fine,i just hate the soft pedal...truck will be apart in a few weeks so if I have to ill post some pics

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
it still engages and disengages??? That doesn't make any sense.

Usually no pressure is a clutch hydraulic line, or Master Cylinder, or Slave Cylinder.

And BTW, Manual transmissions don't have flex-plates, they have flywheels. I would get a different family friend or preferably an actual mechanic to re-do everything he did if your not comfortable enough dropping the transmission yourself. I wouldn't trust that he even properly aligned the clutch disk when replacing it if he thinks the TO bearing went through the flexplate.

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
Im sure its botched to hell and back,i was helping him out until about half way through,had to run back to work and finish someones shift for 2hrs,i got back and he had already slapped it back together..I stopped trusting his judgement on anything mechanical after he did that to my truck. Cant wait to get it inside and jacked up to drop the tranny to fix his cob job..his exact words were "that rod with the ball on the end pushed through what it rest against" lol another friend of mine offered to fix it and kinda show me how its done,ill trust his word since he's the 3rd generation in his family to own their junkyard/pick and pull lol
Also,i didnt mean to sound 100% illiterate on my OP,im seriously clueless with transmissions and clutches,I've always just took transmissions to a shop and im sick of waiting 2 months and paying an arm and a leg to accomplish the same thing i could do on a lazy weekend for free lol

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
"that rod with the ball on the end pushed through what it rest against" sounds kinda like to me that the little retainer that holds the clutch fork came off / and or apart

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
"that rod with the ball on the end pushed through what it rest against" sounds kinda like to me that the little retainer that holds the clutch fork came off / and or apart

Would that cause it to have no pressure?

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Just trying to interpret that phrase makes me thing the external slave rod slipped off the clutch fork when he was re-installing it. Thats a real easy fix, just take the external slave off and put it back on the right way. 2 bolts off, line it up right, then 2 bolts back on.

But I still wouldn't trust the rest of the work done though.