cluster woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

un4givn85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if someone chimes in on how to get it working in your truck, ill sell it

un4givn85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its in great shape, the needles are still yellow, the letters are still white, best i can tell the trip meter works

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
dante1342 said:
With the plug upside down and facing you so the alignment nubs are towards the top, Row “B” will be the top row and Row “A” will be the bottom row with pin numbers from 1-17 going from left to right.

You must be registered for see images attach

• Remove the wire in “A10” and re-insert it one pin over to the left “A9”

• Remove the wire in “A11” and re-insert it one pin over to the left into “A10” which is the wire you previously moved.

• Remove the wire from “B15” and put into the hole which should be empty for “B11”

• Insert the wire you ran from your coil Tach lead into “B15”

Info not mine...no guarantees it is correct, this is is for using the 1991 cluster in a 1988-1990 truck.

Richard

mrnapolean1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking for a 1991 needle style cluster to replace the failing moonie cluster I have.

CodeRed26

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
For your '93, tach cluster is easy to find, just has to come out of a '92-'94 much easier to find a tach in the '94. It seems kind of random which trucks got them and which didn't. I was really surprised my fully loaded '94 GMC with 5.7/NV4500 5-speed didn't have a tach cluster, so I put one in there.

I know you want to swap in a tach cluster and you should be able to find one easily, but also know that your tripmeter can easily be swapped out from a working unit, as well as the PRNDL indicator.

Richard
retarded but most of the standard trucks ive seen have no tach IMO every standard shoulda came factory with them!

draginlow

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if the others dont buy it ill take it. let me know. its plug and play on mine.

Ati2ude

Reaction score
If this is still around I am looking for a 91 Needle cluster to put in my 90.
I will buy if its available

un4givn85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If this is still around I am looking for a 91 Needle cluster to put in my 90.
I will buy if its available

This is still around, I just haven't been, lol.
PM me an offer and we can talk.