Clearing Mud Grapplers on 17" stocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdla140

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I recently got a spare set of Mud Grapplers really cheap, and instead of keeping them as spares I'm thinking of putting them on my 94 K1500. Their a 33x12.5r17, has anyone here run these tires or something with a sidewall as aggressive on stock 17's off a NBS? will they rub the frame? The turning radius on these trucks is pretty pathetic stock, I don't want to lose any. My valance is gone and the bars are already cranked a bit, and I'm not afraid of trimming the body or bumper a bit. Thanks for any input!

brutpwr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not run those wheels but have run others with similar offsets and I have run them with wider and taller Mud Grappleers so you should be just fine.

GreenZ98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You should be fine. These are 35s and only slightly rubbed the frame at full lock in reverse with torsion bars a little over 3/4 turned up.
You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
They'll definitely be ok while street driving. At full lock and full suspension compression ( if you plan to grapple with any mud) even my 255 80r17 bfg's (33.3") rub a little. I have completely stock suspension though, no TB crank.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake rogers