Clear Wheel Well Plastic Corner Guards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rgc1500

Reaction score
Repainting my C1500 and there are some clear adhesive plastic guards that are on the lower portion of the wheel well that were stuck there as factory. Anyone know what these are called and how to get new ones to re-apply? It looks similar to 3m paint protection film, but is only located on the lower portions of the wheel well where the lip is and goes around the corner to protect the paint on the inner lip of the well and the outer lip.

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
Repainting my C1500 and there are some clear adhesive plastic guards that are on the lower portion of the wheel well that were stuck there as factory. Anyone know what these are called and how to get new ones to re-apply? It looks similar to 3m paint protection film, but is only located on the lower portions of the wheel well where the lip is and goes around the corner to protect the paint on the inner lip of the well and the outer lip.

I’ve seen those a lot on factory Toyotas and they always seem to be badly discolored after a few years so I’m not a big fan. To my knowledge they were not OEM on GMT400s, so I’d wager you probably have a dealership option or aftermarket add on based on what I’ve seen historically on stock trucks. That’s just my thought.

If you really wanted to protect the paint you could look at a product like clear bra but that’s going to get expensive quickly I think.