Cleanin' Chrome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't have the extra money to buy a chrome smoothie right now so I decided to take my impact strip and liscense plate holder off and use chrome adhesive over the holes and it looks pretty good except for the leftover marks I can't get off. I've tried dish detergent and water and I've tried vinegar and a little water but can't get the marks off. Anyone know anything else?
View media item 31049

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

http://www.autosol.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=1190

From Autosol...
"Highly abrasive cleaning, polishing and rubbing agent for weathered boat metal surfaces. Cleans and removed rust from all metal parts on boats including hardware. Removes stubborn stains on metal.
Excellent for preserving the luster of hulls, decks and engines."

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yup! That's what it's made for. Ask any H/D rider. If anyone knows how to take care of chrome, it's those guys!
They swear by this & the regular stuff, too.
That one is more aggressive than this one. \/\/\/ Both good.
Don't need to do a lot of hard rubbing. Just moderate pressure until the cloth turns black. Let it sit for a bit & then polish. Works by chemical reaction.
I always have a tube on the shelf. Been using it for 30+ years!

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup! That's what it's made for. Ask any H/D rider. If anyone knows haow to take care of chrome, it's those guys!
They swear by this & the regular stuff, too.
That one is more aggressive than this one. \/\/\/ Both good.
Don't need to do a lot of hard rubbing. Just moderate pressure until the cloth turns black. Let it sit for a bit & then polish. Works by chemical reaction.
I always have a tube on the shelf. Been using it for 30+ years!

You must be registered for see images
All right, thanks a ton!