Chris AU's '92 ECSB K1500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Haven't had a chance to look at it at all yet. Really hoping its the rear china wall between the block and intake manifold from when I did the intake gasket and I can just clean it good and gob some black RTV on it.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well I did some investigation, I *think* it was leaking from under the intake manifold right behind the fuel lines, so I undid the lines and cleaned up the spot as best I could and gobbed the crap out of black RTV there. It definitely isn't the oil pressure sensor. Gonna let it cure for a couple days and see what happens.

Normally I wouldn't recommend this as a fix, but since I have put maybe 200-250 miles on it since I did the intake gaskets I know that a big hole hadn't been blown out yet and that most likely the seal was good elsewhere.

Also put the Rough Country stickers on the shocks and got up under the truck with some degreaser to clean up some of that oil

I checked the oil level and it is still good.

Edit: That point is where the manifold doesn't line up very well at all with the block, so it is a likely position also. Just thought of that after studying the pics I took.

Before:
You must be registered for see images attach

After haha:
You must be registered for see images attach

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Just an update...got all the sensors ordered that would make it were literally EVERY sensor has been replaced with a new Delphi unit. This week I start looking at getting the either a) getting the intake manifold gaskets redone, b) getting that done AND the rear main seal, c)getting the engine rebuilt, or d)throwing in a new crate motor. Hopefully just A!