Chris AU's (2nd) '98 ECSB K1500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Just brought a my 5th GMT400 home! Its a 98 K1500 ECSB, crossed 288,000 miles while I was driving it. It drives and runs better than any of the other ones I've had! I bought it, immediately drove it 50 miles north to pickup some cleannn sawblade wheels, and drove it right back home 100 miles with 0 hickups, other than getting pulled over for no tag! This build will not get crazy for a while, just want a dependable truck right now seeing as how I now DD a car. The body is pretty rough, but I don't really care for now.

3 faults:

A/C Needs freon.
Brakes work well but pedal almost has to go to the floor before they start to work - any ideas? Checked the fluid, its good.
Rear Diff needs a new gasket. Easy fix.

I'll be addressing those issues shortly as well as changing the oil. I've also already ordered a pre-cut body molding kit from LMC (not much more than the cut it yourself stuff on eBay), silver Z-71 stickers (no idea why someone put black ones on this truck), Silverado pillar emblems, and a new set of 285/75/16 Kenda Klever MT's to go on those beautiful sawblades. Also ordered a CHEVROLET sticker to put across the tailgate, one like some of the later trucks had. I'll have to do without a banner for now unfortunately.

You must be registered for see images attach

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
awesome! glad to see you bought this one, kinda seemed like your style with the big front bumper, also glad to see more people on here that like the molding! excited to see what you do! loved your last truck!

DroppedAsAChild

OBS Hoarder
Reaction score
Congrats. Glad you got one. Are those the Saw Blades I found? Too bad the black/red one didnt work out that one was clean looking. Cant wait to see the build on this one though.

DroppedAsAChild

OBS Hoarder
Reaction score
Nice. I just looked at the ad for the truck its lookin a little rough, But Im sure in no time youll have ity looking Factory Mint with your touch on it. Did you pay the full $3500 ?

OBSz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
WOOOOOHHHHHHH Sweet buy brotha! Finally the moment the whole forum has been waiting for haha congrats!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Glad you found what you were lookin for!! :)

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Im excited! Haha I loved your last build!