ChevyDaves "Dirty Hoe" build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyDave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Monday I picked up this beast...
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

When I bought it, it ran like complete poop lol. Couldn't even hit 70 on the highway. Tuesday I checked the timing and it was spot on. I wound up turning the distributor until it ran normal. It runs pretty good now but I think the timing chain is extremely worn or might have even skipped a tooth. Did a very deep inspection underneath and found a few problems.

Started cleaning the hitch for paint and this showed up under all the rust...

Also put a tip on it that I found last weekend.

Also decided to "fix" some rust lol.
Before...

After...

Put some stickers on the rear window.

And finally lol bought a hitch from a local junkyard and cleaned it up and painted it...

It's made some progress this week, and hopefully it'll be a muddy hoe tomorrow night!!

ChevyDave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's been out muddin a few times. Blew two tires, busted a hole in the gas tank, got stuck once, and the tranny slips in reverse, but it does pretty well. It should have new tires and a gas tank within 2 weeks. Also put the used hitch on it.

Cleans up nice to!

ChevyDave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well came to the conclusion today reverse is almost gone. I'm going to try some Lucas trans fix and maybe a pan drain and filter. Just want it to last a little longer but oh well. Put a tps and spectre air cleaner on it today, pics to come. Also got the blue 194's and twist locks. Should be fun!

ChevyDave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Blew the rear main brake line and the trans is getting worse. Cleans up real nice though...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ChevyDave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, it's gonna be down for a little, I replaced the brake line and changed the trans fluid. A caliper was sticking so I did pads, calipers and rotors, and I figured while it was down I'd do the powersteering pump and high pressure line. Worked well for a little but reverse is gone again and I blew the gas tank out. Pics from before I washed it yesterday...

I ordered a new tank, pump/sending unit, straps, all fuel lines, and a trans will be ordered when I get back to Michigan in 3 weeks. Also new tires and 1in spacers are going on it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk