Check Gages- Oil Pressure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
comparable in stock form, i would never do an engine swap without going through the engnie and resealing it and checking bearings and such but thats just me. id bump up compressio to lq9 standards as well.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so heres a pic of the oil pressure when its sitting there idling, usually its at 20 idle 40 at cruising and 60 under throttle.....i have the oil pressure switch but since i heard the knock i havent changed it.....plus its kinda a pita to unscrew it from behind the distributor.

this cant be normal, every now and then the check gages light flashed when the pressure dropped
You must be registered for see images attach

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Before the knock did you check oil pressure with a mechanical gauge? My gauge bounces around at times, never any weird sounds or anything, checked the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge and it was good, I've never changed the oil pressure switch for the same reason gonna have them pop it in next oil change

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Before the knock did you check oil pressure with a mechanical gauge? My gauge bounces around at times, never any weird sounds or anything, checked the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge and it was good, I've never changed the oil pressure switch for the same reason gonna have them pop it in next oil change

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

nope didnt put a mechanical gauge to it, i can drive round town and it runs but i can kinda feel the knock in the gas pedal a bit, cant hear it so much bc the dumped exhaust noise but i can hear it a bit....