Cheap Northern Tool Offroad Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
So in the past I've spent way too much money on lights for my trucks that I rarely ever use... From Hella's, KC's to PIAA's, I just really don't see the sense in spending the money on something I rarely ever use anymore.

After some Googling a few weeks ago I ran across these cheap lights from Northerntool.com (Item #18813). For $8 a piece, I didn't figure I could really get hurt on them.
(I stole these pics from an Xterra forum where I first read about them, but they're the same lights..)
You must be registered for see images attach

Here they are mounted... I finally got them hooked up to my factory fog light switch over the weekend. The housings are plastic - which I expected... And the grills didn't look too sturdy - so I ran a little screw into each one of them. But for the price, I really don't have anything bad to say about them so far. The only thing I really don't like is the "SRS" on the front which wasn't in the picture when I bought them. We do quite a bit of plastic work here at my job, so I might just cut the letters out :p

Only the foglights... I have some spare ballasts and HID's laying around. I thought about buying another set of these to tear apart and play with, but as little as I use them I'm in no hurry.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Looks good! And yes, the SRS kind of looks cheesy. I think since they are plastic, they won't turn rusty and look like crap in a few months. I have a cheap set of rectangular ones on my truck, and they work just fine

dans95silvy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wss gonna order a few. I've been looking for these style lights

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

tsoderstrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ordered some generic 6" lights from harbor freight for $11 each. They dont come with covers but I bought KC covers on summit racing and the fit perfect. I've had them for 2 years and they still work fine, although I don't offroad much and when I do it's usually just on trails. They are metal and I plastidipped mine to match my bumper. Here's a link and a pic on my truck.
http://www.harborfreight.com/6-inch-off-road-light-system-95811.html#.UydVovmSzKg

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I ordered some generic 6" lights from harbor freight for $11 each. They dont come with covers but I bought KC covers on summit racing and the fit perfect. I've had them for 2 years and they still work fine, although I don't offroad much and when I do it's usually just on trails. They are metal and I plastidipped mine to match my bumper. Here's a link and a pic on my truck.
http://www.harborfreight.com/6-inch-off-road-light-system-95811.html#.UydVovmSzKg

Truck looks awesome man

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
No longer available. D:

I don't mind the SRS. At least it's not as obnoxious as the big KC lettering on their guards.

tsoderstrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! I know it a little overdone for some peoples taste but I always wanted that "Walker Texas Ranger" style truck since I was a kid.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Thanks! I know it a little overdone for some peoples taste but I always wanted that "Walker Texas Ranger" style truck since I was a kid.

I have a very similar taste i think haha