Changing to split bench from a '94

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gordy_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I finally got around to putting my new seats in my truck. The biggest issue I have is I snapped the rear bolt trying to get it out (yes I did use a pentrating oil, heat, and even worked the bokt back and forth. It just snapped when it was about half way out). Should I just drill it out and use a nut and bolt? I'm sure that would work fine. I don't have a tap large enough.

The seats do look good however. Now I just need to get new seat belts so I have a middle seat.
You must be registered for see images attach

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is it in a weld nut or fixed hole? Can't get a vise grip on it ? If you broke the head off , can you just run it thru in tighten direction and out? I have used an " easy out " square type and same thing, instead of coming out, just ran it in tighten and out of threaded hole.
Less damage, less corrective repair.

Gordy_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is it in a weld nut or fixed hole? Can't get a vise grip on it ? If you broke the head off , can you just run it thru in tighten direction and out? I have used an " easy out " square type and same thing, instead of coming out, just ran it in tighten and out of threaded hole.
Less damage, less corrective repair.
Nope, the thing was to where the bolt was just at the bottom of the nut. And it is the welded in nut on the pan.

Gordy_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finished! There's a slight height difference, but I don't mind. Way more comfortable than my bench.
You must be registered for see images attach

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have a welder, just weld your new (or old) nut to the bottom of the floor pan, wire brush it, and hit it with some Rustoleum. If you don't have a welder, be sure and use a conical or three-punch lock nut. Use grade-8 hardware, because in a crash, it's keeping you from getting ragdolled.

I had the same thing happen when I put WCJr together. I welded the old nut back in place.