Centurion CCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
ok heres the post that confused me
It used to the first time I had it, everyone swore that it was the frame but they reinforced the center where it was cut.. Turns out it was the way they put the floor together. Ile try to get some pics while its still apart but when they put the new floor in (which is what the cab mounts are mounted to) it was on top of the cab shell, so the shell hangs from the floor instead of sitting on top of it. Over time the spot welds fatigued and failed, causing the cab to sag just enough where it looked like the truck was folding in half. So I drilled out the spot welds and replaced them with 1/4" bolts along the back side where it was the worst, and its been fine ever since!

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What is even worse is that the Centurion truck's used a regular cab frame which is thinner than the ext. cab frame, I have seen many of them crack, that's why all the ones I have built are based on an ext. cab frame. for me I don't like the 3/4 ton and 1 ton frame because it is 2 inches taller than the 1/2 ton, and if you are building a truck to lay frame the last thing you want is a taller frame.

cviola2005

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Trucks like this is exactly what is wrong with society. Why in the F*CK would someone do that? As mentioned in the ad, the title says one thing, but the truck doesn't support it. As mentioned above, frame is thinner and weaker, less lug nuts, weaker suspension, and way too much money. Especially since (like mentioned above) buy a factory 2500 (or 3500) CCSB and save money.

For that cost, I could buy 2 or 3 CCSB GMT400's.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
ok heres the post that confused me

The frame is still extended. As Draggin said, they're built on reg cab frames. And he out of all people is the crew cab conversion expert.

~Via Mobile \,,/