Cclb to ccsb question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I done a couple but I didn't do all the moving and drilling, we cut them behind or in front of the cab mount and used a short bed donor rear frame usually bought with the tank, rear end, springs all there. It was 1 cut, then roll up the donor and line up and weld back together. Done a couple and had them all back together in a day. I usually had the junk yard cut the donor rear in front of the rear cab mount, then I would measure and find a spot between the rear cab mount and the front spring hanger where they were the same and cut them both there, most of the time in front of the rear cab mount.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That sounds like the route i want to go, do you have any write-ups on the ones you have done?

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk
I do not have any writeups on that particular method, but here is how I do it it. First off swap everything forward of the bed including the cab on to the frame and bolt it all down. Next remove the rearend, springs and all 4 factory hangers, obviously use jack stands to support the rear of the truck so that its level. Next set the shortbed on the frame before anything is cut, install loosely the front 2 bed mount bolts as they are in the same place as they were on a longbed, no mod req'd for those, now you can mark exactly where you want to cut the rear of the frame off at so that it just clears the header panel of the bottom rear of the bed. At this time, jack the rear of the bed up slightly, just the bed not the frame and make the cuts on the frame, I use a sawzall as they are just 2 straight cuts, I doesn't get much easier. Once both sides are cut drop the bed back down on to the frame, it should be sitting nice and level with the cab now. Now I like to mark the exact center of the wheel well opening on the bed on both sides so that the axle is perfectly centered in the wheel well, otherwise it looks off to me, mark the frame for axle centerline, also mark where the rest of the new bed mount holes need to be drilled, and clamp the bumper back in to place so you can mark where it's mounting holes need to be drilled, then remove the bumper. Now the bed can come off and everything can be mounted back in place, all 4 spring hangers, leaf springs, axle, you can mark and mount the gas crossmembers, the rear crossmember need some legs added on to it as the longbed frame starts to curve down right where it mounts, but it easy to do. It is not a bad job at all. If you have any more questions just ask.

96-1500-crew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! Im sure ile get back with you when i start. Hopefully this winter sometime

96-1500-crew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now does anyone know if there are any differences in the frames year to year that i will run into problems with?