Catalytic Converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

topo4u20

Reaction score
Darn it, when I fired up the truck this morning I started to get a rattle underneath and when it warmed up a bit it went away. Checks out to be the stupid Cat Convertor making a rattle. I guess that means a new one?

Cheers

NathanY

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless your check engine light is on, run it like it is if the noise doesn't bother you. Cat's aren't cheap.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
If you dont have emissions checks, just straight pipe it, else it can break free and the rattle can continue on down your exhaust and come to rest in the bottom of your muffler....which is a hell of an annoying sound.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
If you dont have emissions checks, just straight pipe it, else it can break free and the rattle can continue on down your exhaust and come to rest in the bottom of your muffler....which is a hell of an annoying sound.

^^^Exactly what I'm thinking. We don't have check's here in Michigan and I can't tell you how many cars/trucks I know of without cats!^^^

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Same here....the ones without cats here are the ones that well....were botched during the platinum supply shortage, haha. Also, cawntry boys gotta be loud so they can outrun the warden thru the fields....yes I know it makes no sense :D

topo4u20

Reaction score
Sadly we have emissions testing here. Guess I will have to hunt for a cat one day. Thanks for the replies.

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
Most likely it's the heat shield vibrating.