cat removal, using sparkplug non foulers ?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Has anyone removed there cats, and used spark plug non foulers, to space the rear o2 sensors ? I know it works on high flow cats, but I am want to knock the guts out of mine.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Yes. No mil for two years, beware they do corrode quickly

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did in our MPV van I was getting a code on a bad Cat so the two Foulers I used on one bank worked good I did it many years ago and every year it passes the emission test oh use antiseize.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I took off my exhaust from the headers to the flange after the cats, and I knocked out the guts of the cats. I had to cut the pipe at the cat that is not on the flange, and after I removed the honey comb, I welded it back together. Then I got 4 spark plug non foulers. I drilled out 2 of them with a 1/2 inch drill bit, so that I could make them deep enough to except the o2 sensors. I re installed everything. and took the truck for a ride last night. and no check engine light. and of course the truck has more power. I needed to remove the cats, or replace them. My cats were starting to plug up some. it was time to do something with them. I drilled the non foulers out all the way through on the top one. and the bottom one I didn't drill out at all. I know that my o2 sensors have been changed. I did that a few years ago, but I don't remember what brand I bought. I do know that I got them at Autozone. Here is a video on how to do this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcDPAfz10Io

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was still getting a code, so I put some of the honey comb that I removed from the cats, inside the non fouler just before the 02 sensors. I saw this on line, and just made my own. No more ECM codes. The ECM thinks there are still cats. http://bigdaddiesgarage.com/