Capacitor ?'s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
1200 watts in my '98. No cap. Big 3, & 4ga wired straight from the battery to the amps. Big alternator. Never had my lights pulse to the beat. Volt gauge doesn't bounce. I can irritate the neighbours a block away. If I wanted to.

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
buddy was telling me that I'd need a cap to run a small Jensen amp that's running my 4 6.5s and the 700 kicker amp and 12s I'm about to put in.

Sent using an old rusty soup can and string

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
buddy was telling me that I'd need a cap to run a small Jensen amp that's running my 4 6.5s and the 700 kicker amp and 12s I'm about to put in.

Find someone else to ask for your stereo related questions.

Do the "big 3" an leave the cap at the store....

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan then:) so how to I go about powering both amps with the one power wire?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
,You'll need a distribution block. One wire in, 2,4,6, or 8 out. 4ga in, 8ga out, usually. A short run of 8ga, under 12" will not affect the power to the amp. The 4ga is used because of the long run from the battery to the block/amps.

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome thanks. I'll get that stuff ordered. Gotta redo the power wire run. Previous owner ran it along the frame instead of through the cab :(