Capacitor ?'s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96RedCav

That Cavalier guy
Reaction score
Capacitors are a band-aid.

You want your lights to stop dimming and get solid power to the sub? Upgrade your wiring and possibly even get a high output alternator.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
No not really because with out one when the bass hit's a really low note your voltage lowers making the sub sound like crap because it don't have enough juice to make it hit like it wants with one, plus when your driving at night your lights fade because of low voltage an makes you look like an idiot that knows nothing about stereos. Now i'm not saying I really need one with what i'm running but I wasn't going to run a stereo system with out one an be the idiot with his lights dimming because I was to cheap to buy one.

thats odd, all my trucks have subs in them, Never had any lights dimming or my subs sounding like crap. Hmmm

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
capacitors do work, all good sound systems have them, but remember to diconnect them when you store the vehical...they will drain the battery down

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
capacitors do work, all good sound systems have them, but remember to diconnect them when you store the vehical...they will drain the battery down

:lol: i know people who go in sound comps. No Caps. and before you ask, yes they have won.