Canuckmotorsports u bolt problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98c1500

Just lift it!
Reaction score
Just a heads up to anyone buying u bolts from canuck motorsports, there garbage - had them on over a 4" block for a few months and the other day everthing on my truck shifted and the steering got messed up.

Spindles from there are great though

98c1500

Just lift it!
Reaction score
Yep everything was done correctly, brought it to a guy that does lifts for a living to find out what happened and he claims the ubolts gave out

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
This is the first time i have heard anything negitive about them. Josh has a lot of their parts in his '96 and i have ran their springs in a few cars same with some members of the car club i used to roll with and we didnt have any problems at all. Its sounding like an improper install or forgotten retorque to me.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
U-bolt's really don't "fail"... Either they were loose, or they were loose, and that pretty well some's it up :shrug: Pretty hard to over tighten any u-bolt to the point of failure.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
lifted truck? 4" block? how much axle wrap did you have? u bolts can stretch if they were slightly loose or improperly installed in any ways hape or form, with a bit of jerking with the axle wrap you can sanp one of those puppies in a hurry. in fact i say it on a guys ford who came into work comlaining his drivshaft pulled his rear end upward while he was trying to do a tug of war and the slap the bed of his truck on the ground when his rear end slid out.