Can't find vssb module on 97 c1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay I just need the speedo corrected
Ok, that’s not what you posted earlier.
Not sure where you’re getting your stats on BlackBear, no issues here and my speedometer is spot on. Good luck

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s fine, not here to disavow the 0411. But, I think you’ll find the cost MUCH higher than $300.00.

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well today I've been doing a little research and I can get a 0411 from an 2001 to 2002 express van for about 60 bucks that comes with the connectors that went to the 0411. I can buy a spreadsheet for about 5 bucks that tells me wire by wire where they go specifically for my truck for a 0411 swap. much cheaper than black bear tune just a lot more time consuming than just plugging it in. The 0411 is a great swap especially since I'm bouta swap the motor and tranny in it and it is way more tunable than a black bear performance black box tune.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course it is. But, my suggestion of a BlackBear Tune was only to resolve your odometer issue, which you stated was your only concern. You asked for suggestions, I gave you one. Yes, a 411 pcm is tunable. BlackBear tunes OEM black box. 2 different animals.

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
True, very true. I just thought a 0411 swap would be easier for when I have to tune it to a new motor and tranny. If I wasn't swapping anything that's probably what I would go with but if I'm swapping it in a couple of months then there's no reason for having a tuned computer just for my old motor.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a total caveman and I'm learning to tune now. It is a little intimidating but I figure once I get a handle on it things will go easier. The hardest thing for me is learning the terminology. Another problem for me is trying to understand what these hackers are saying and how it pertains to engine operation.

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only reason I would like to learn how to do it is because tuning shops around me can't do my 97, only 98 and up because they all use hptuners