Can't decide what to do and where to start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I would do motor first, the front ends dont really wear out of 2wd trucks, mine still has stock balljoints.

For roller rockers, go with Scorpion 1.6:1, self aligning ones, they fit under the stock covers and are about $200-$250. awesome price!

as for turning an non roller block into one. your block very well might be a roller block with a factory flat tappet. if it has the three studs for the spider under the intake, you can drill/tap them.

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would do motor first, the front ends dont really wear out of 2wd trucks, mine still has stock balljoints.

For roller rockers, go with Scorpion 1.6:1, self aligning ones, they fit under the stock covers and are about $200-$250. awesome price!

as for turning an non roller block into one. your block very well might be a roller block with a factory flat tappet. if it has the three studs for the spider under the intake, you can drill/tap them.

Yea i know mines all stock front end except for idler and pitman arm.

Well heres how it looks. Now if i only had a color matched fiberglass tonnau cover.
You must be registered for see images attach

Also rails are for sale $75 obo

You must be registered for see images attach

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the truck runs well, I would do the suspension and other stuff first.

Unless you plan on building some fire breathing engine I doubt you will need to change the suspension again. If your going that crazy with the motor you should sit down and make an overall plan and stick to that. In which case I would just do it all at once.

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its nothing crazy on the motor. either 383 2 bolt main if i can make it roller reasonable. or 350 4 bolt main that I know the block is roller and either motor is gonna be around 400hp/450tq daily driver.

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A bunch of the obs's look good dropped but I honestly can say I dont think that one be dropped plus i think its one that wouldnt look right. But your CC is one of them it looks awesome not even finished

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that truck looks nice, to nice to lift or lower... now all u need to do it level it and debagg

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont think i'm going to debage simply because everyone else does it kinda do something different. But i did see a truck on here with a phantom grill. that is definately on the to do list. and what about a set of crager ss wheels to set it off

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know but it'd be one hell of a 6 sec grocery getter :gr_grin:

I've been talking to the chip builder about the engine build and we probably gonna knock off about 100 hp but still keep the tq high as possible