Cannot diagnose this squeak. More than fed up and annoyed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Not yet. Ill double check it all tomorrow. Thanks for the input man
No problem man :cheers:
Ya I know, but I put the graphite impregnated ones in the 78 an they don't make any noise.... yet. You'd think my truck already has them with as noisy as it is...
I still love Polly bushings though, I've swapped them into fairly new vehicles with no issues and already firm steering and suspension, and it still made a ton of improvement. I'll be doin mine in poly for sure! I can't hear my squeaks over the evhaust anyways lol.
Mine squeaks like a ****** also. I almost think it sounds like some old coil springs in cold weather. Makes me wonder if the torsion bars make some noise as well
Torsion bars do make noises like coils as they twist.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Don't forget to lube the front driveshaft slip yoke. Mine made an intermittent squeak over small bumps, larger bumps it was quiet. Only reason I figured it out was because I pulled the front shaft to replace the oil filter adaptor seal. I took it for a quick drive to be sure it wasn't going to leak and the noise was gone. put the shaft back in and the noise returned.

Worth a try

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Maybe try using a stick with one end at your ear and use the other end to touch every joint as your friend bounces the truck. May help locate the source of the squeak. The noise will travel through the stick and to your ear.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
poly bushings? if so you need to take them apart and lube wherever they contact metal, my shocks rub and squeak for no reason at all so it could be that as well.

reno124

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my truck it did that too ended up being the crossmember where the torsion bar adjusts the bolts that hold it to the frame were loose so it was jumping up an down

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
My 94 squeaks and if you hold your hand on the UCA when it squeaks you can feel it... I have replaced my control arm bushing and it still does it. It also did it before the lift and all new front suspension parts. So I'm just going to deal with it.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what are you 'oiling" everything with?? Something that has helped in a few vehicles that I had that squeaked, especially the ones with poly bushings, was this mixture instead of regular sprays....

Get some of the dry powder graphite like the stuff in the little tube meant for the door locks and mix it (shake it up real good) with rubbing alcohol, save the good stuff for the drinks...lol. Spray it on all the bushings generously. The alcohol gets the graphite into more spots then normal oils/sprays, and unlike when regular oil/sprays that get there but then drips out, the alcohol quickly evaporates and the graphite lube stays put.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
As wrong as I was, it was the balljoint. I blasted it down with WD40 using a straw to get inside of it, hasnt made a peep since. Sorry for mis-leading you guys. I was sold on it being something else :shrug:

Thanks for all of the help though. Now time to diagnose my rear squeak I discovered today :nono: :lol:

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you need a grease gun to lube the ball joints not wd40,that little fitting that is threaded into it thats where the grease goes