can ABS from a 1999 c2500 work with a carbed engine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nicklatech

cummins in a chevy
Reaction score
I no longer have the original engine and I'm not using the original engines's computer, but its still connected. Can ABS still work? my ABS light kicks on shortly after starting the truck and ABS used to work before the swap.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Brake Control Module (on driver side) receives signals from the three wheel speed sensors and then modulates various valves to regulate brake fluid pressure. The module may be throwing that code saying that it cannot detect the sensors. You'd need to see what the specific code is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicklatech

cummins in a chevy
Reaction score
The Brake Control Module (on driver side) receives signals from the three wheel speed sensors and then modulates various valves to regulate brake fluid pressure. The module may be throwing that code saying that it cannot detect the sensors. You'd need to see what the specific code is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks, it sounds like its possible and i just might have bumped a wire or disconnected a sensor in the swap process.