cab light thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah i hear ya. i still got my recon kit but i kinda like the nbs style cab lights better. the one with the bar in the middle and two smaller lights to the outside. idk yet we'll see. it should be a quick project for you eitherway take some pics!

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ya i plan on taking lots of pics and any tips that i find along the way to help anyone out

i thought about the nbs lights but for some reason they just dont seem to look right on obs trucks so i skipped those

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah im still unsure weather i want any at all i dont know if it will look good with what i have going on. and you really only got one shot once they are on they dont go away easy haha.

SCORCH

Reaction score
well for future reference, Pacer performance sells a kit with clear lenses and amber bulbs and if you want just the clear lenses recon has those. recon doesnt have a full kit with wiring harness included for OBS trucks, however you could always just run the NBS style or I actually almost got the dodge kit from them. you can get the Recon kits right through gorecon.com or I got my OBS style smoked/amber Pacer kit from Summit Racing, i plan on installing it this weekend.

where is the cab light install thread on gmfs? i need measurements and tips

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am also planning on running some cab lights I just like the look of them. My truck will be satin black so I am thinking that the stock ambers might stick out to much. I am also unsure on what style I want to go with. Such as if I want to keep it gm or branch out to the aftermarket or maybe, ford or dodge lights.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
go with the smoked recon lights with amber leds

those lights are dark enough during the day but when they light up the leds put out plenty of light

i think i am going with clear ones with amber leds sometime after my trip to the badlands so i can save some more money

SCORCH

Reaction score
go with the smoked recon lights with amber leds

those lights are dark enough during the day but when they light up the leds put out plenty of light

i think i am going with clear ones with amber leds sometime after my trip to the badlands so i can save some more money

x2 , i just did that same set up from Pacer last sunday and love it. i'd like to post pics but i dont know how to do it straight from my folders...

SCORCH

Reaction score
heres an attempt to post the pics, sorry the night one is blurry. camera isnt so good at night

Attachments

• DSCN0305.jpg
    DSCN0305.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN0299.jpg
    DSCN0299.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 17