Cab corners, fu3k.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I was going to final sand and paint tonight, but I don't have any paint left. I will pick some up tomorrow.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, finish sanded the primer, and painted. I has a very small sag in the paint but you cant even see it in the pics. Also the paint hasent cured at all yet. It was still tacky when I took these pics so the color will blend in better as it drys. Next weekend or so, I will do the paint correction sanding, and buffing. It should be perfect after that. Its close now.
You must be registered for see images attach

TonyM

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks awesome. Pretty decent color match too by what my monitor shows. White used to be my most hated color back when i was a painter. White isn't white, and its the hardest color to match in my opinion

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It should blend in better after it cures. It was still tacky when I took the pics. It the same type of paint the truck was painted with in 2013. I have used that paint before and after about a week or 2 , its a perfect match.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looking good Kenny :waytogo:
How's the other cab corner? Maybe some preventive maintenance to reduce the odds of having to do this again?
The other side( long side, drivers side) still looks good. I will remove the rubber grommets and look in there with the camera we have at work. Probably spray some ospho in there along with the side I fixed also. I will have to do that at work next week.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What paint did you use and how did you get it to melt in no edge. Looks great!
My truck was painted with acrilic enamel paint at fact-o-bake in 2013. The last spot I repaired a few years ago, I found some gloss white acrilic enamel paint at walmart. It was a perfect match. So this time I go back to walmart, and dont see the same can. I found rust-o-leum acrilic enamel in gloss white in automotive. Is looks like the same thing I had used before, but not 100% sure it is or not, but I had to try something, so thats what I got. Look rite so far. As for the tape lines. I used the body crease to hide the blend if old and new paint, along with that little black rubber molding. I painted in steeps. A little at a time, and I aimed the spray pattern just where I need it to go. Short small burst or paint from the can. Once I do the paint correction in about a week, you will not be able to tell it has ever been repaired. White is east to work with.